|Elizabeth Lindley Woods Award|
The Wisconsin School Psychologists Association is excited and honored to announce the inception of the Elizabeth Lindley Woods Scholarship Award ($500). The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction appointment of Elizabeth Lindley Woods in 1917 marked the beginning of the profession of school psychology in Wisconsin. As Wisconsin public education’s first psychologist, Woods was dedicated to identifying children with exceptional needs, collaborating with educators to plan educational programs, and ensuring teacher training programs adequately prepared teachers for working with all children. The Lindley Woods Scholarship Award will be presented to a graduate student enrolled in a university school psychology training program.
1. The nominator and the graduate student need to be current members of the Wisconsin School Psychologists Association.
2. The recipient must be in good standing and actively pursuing a Master’s, Specialist, or Doctoral Degree leading to certification as an entry level School Psychologist.
3. The recipient must be nominated by a professor or instructor from a University of Wisconsin System school psychology training program.
4. Priority will be given to applicants agreeing to practice in the state of Wisconsin for a period of not less than one academic year after internship.
Nomination packets for this award requires the following:
1. Completed Scholarship Candidate Information form
2. A two-page nomination statement completed by the nominator from the university training program. The nomination statement needs to address the nominee’s academic achievement, skills in conducting research, and skills in relating with peers, instructors, and professionals.
3. The nominee needs to complete a candidate statement which addresses his or her professional goals, commitment to the discipline of school psychology, and involvement in WSPA.
4. Current Resume
The selection of the recipients will be decided by the Awards and Recognition Committee. The nominator and/or university professor will be asked to present the certificate to the student selected to receive this award at the Spring convention.
Completed nomination packets need to be submitted to the committee by January 10, 2020.
Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
To download the nomination form click on this link: Scholarship Candidate Information form.docx